Reverie



Image result for breaking free


No longer will I observe from the world's sideline
but I will partake of its bread
for there is motion all around me
but I remain the constant
afraid of eating of the main
but biting and nibbling of the crust and crumbs
the wind blows my way

Afraid of stepping beyond the threshold
Unsure if I'll ever find home
Shackles of people's words bind me
fear sealing my mouth
no walking, no moving, no talking
just watch

Earth beckons to me
come have a bite she says
I move forward but step back in fear
the chains are too tight
arms and  feet bound

Free me, I scream
no one replies
for they do not hold the key
but me
then I discovered the binds are but mine to remove


One step at a time I'm freeing myself
I take a chunk of earth's cake
amazingly, I'm transformed
still me, better, brighter
free, full
I choose to live this life now
this new universe
hand in hand with earth
my new friend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY: In Pursuit of Happiness

Feminism Isn't A Cult

POETRY: In Hiding