Beyond The Fence



Finally I can exhale, thoughts of  more than 24 hours of observing unadulterated misogyny from both Man and Woman. It took all I had not to scream but I put all that  negative energy into writing. Also inspired by James Baldwin's I am not your negro.


Related image
I am not your baby maker
I am not just your sex mate
I am not here just to take care of you 

I was not made as your servant
I was not made to kneel at your feet
I am made from the same bones as you
I breathe the same air you do
I too have dreams

You are not more superior to me
Yet you treat me like a slave
You oppress me,
But I know you are afraid of me.
You fear how much more there is to me

Afraid of my potential
Afraid of my freedom
Your fear of me pushes you to act out and try to subdue me
You know how much greater I can be 
You insecure little boy
You are afraid of not having your ego greased

But man I say, 
Shackles bind me no longer
I am woman, I will be free
I am woman, I am breaking free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY: In Pursuit of Happiness

Feminism Isn't A Cult

POETRY: In Hiding