RANTINGS: Love and Acceptance

 First of all Happy New year!! I have wanted to post this for a while but I just thought to wait till the new year and give a positive message to kick off the year.

Learning to love comes from within, love in relationships or friendship. When you understand that loving others comes from loving yourself, acknowledging your whole, even the parts you don’t like or want people to see. When you are able to admit that everyone has shortcomings and stop looking at yourself through other people's mirror you’ll breathe easy, as someone said a lot of times we look at ourselves the way we think people see us and not as we see us.

Trying to put yourself up to someone’s mirror will only give heartache.

Learning to love is one of the most difficult things to do, I mean how can I love my little butt when the world says big jiggly butts are better but love is knowing that the little butt serves it’ s purpose of sitting and you define what pretty or sexy means to you.

A smart man once said why would I feel sad about things I didn’t have a hand in making.

Love is knowing that sometimes you won’t feel 100% about yourself but you still love you, it’s tendering to your heart and finding the reason for our actions, it is taking a break when things get too heavy, it is leaving toxic situations and people who make you feel bad about you.

Love is constantly choosing you, in spite of what the 'ideal' is.

Love is a not a day’s journey.  It is life long; you learn to love yourself in various ways as you get to different stages of your life. Love is acceptance and peace with ourselves as we are, not as we hope to be, it is being open and honest with ourselves about our feelings, doing things that make us happy.

Love for me is books , my bed, space, fancy food, chocolate, not letting people treat me less than I deserve, and when I’m not feeling my best  I write love letters to myself.

I’ve always thought my voice sounded odd I mean it’s not the usual sweet singsong voice but I’m learning to love it, I try to record and listen to my self speak , I could barely listen to a voice note of myself but it’s changing.

Love is growth.

Love is staying true to oneself despite the challenges. You cannot love others truly if you don’t love yourself because only when you are full can you pour out for others to drink,

JOIN THE CONVERSATION, TELL ME WHAT LOVE MEANS TO YOU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY: In Pursuit of Happiness

Feminism Isn't A Cult

POETRY: In Hiding