POETRY: In Pursuit of Happiness

Welcome everyone back to my first love, my blog and poetry. Words cannot be said about why I stopped but i'm back and it feels like heaven.
It's funny how I see more of myself clearly during a pandemic, maybe it's because there's nowhere to run or hide this time and you have to face your demons head on. This pandemic is causing a lot of us to question ourselves and what we thought we knew but we'll be alright. Also I hope we are all safe and socially distancing and finding happiness in various little ways. So, here is a short piece I wrote a few days ago.
Dear Ori,

Do not ever let me dine with vultures 
And eat meals that make me fat with silence
Let me never eat that which will gag me
And cover my eyes in times when evil deeds are done

Let hunger never let me scrounge for food at the devil's table
Or feed off his crumbs to live
Let them never hold my life in shackles in exchange for help

May I never let the snakes and evil ones as friends
Smiling and laughing with 
as they kill and impale others

May quest for power never lead me into unholy gatherings
Where the flesh of Innocents are shared 
and may I continually get strength from Òrìsà to uphold that which is good and noble

May my ancestors and the spirit of my mothers guide me right in every moment
And illuminate my path
Let my every crooked way be made straight
And for truth to ever be my sword.
Àse.!!



Kindly leave a kind comment or contribution. I would love to hear from y'all again

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feminism Isn't A Cult

POETRY: In Hiding