Life Of Hope

So thinking back on a conversation I had earlier with a friend of mine, I chuckle. I’d never really thought how weird or messed up my life seemed to others. So it started off with a simple question, “how often do you have friends over and go out”

Answering the question made everything crystal. I HAD NO SOCIAL LIFE. I mean I go out (not including school, church) like on the average once a month or 3 weeks if I’m lucky. I barely have friends over (there’s an excuse for that though) not going to bore you with it.

So now thinking what do I do with my time you say? Well, not so much dreams and fantasies of taking over the world ( cue Pinky and the Brain music) , binge watch movies mostly Black-ish and Fresh Prince of Bel-air, cook and eat a lot, write, read and sleep in.  My life is really amazing *NOT* let’s just say my life is like a middle aged single woman who lives with her cat.

 But of course you’d think a Uni student should be having fun every other day but no such luck with me, every other day I’m home eating left over Jollof or cereal, watching movies, laughing at twitter jokes and memes, beaming with joy at the achievements of my instagram family or reading books.

So where does that leave me in the meeting people scale about 0 and minus nil , because your girl here barely meets people ( not counting hobos and street urchins) except the once in a year  unicorn acquaintance who just wants a girlfriend and when I say no they disappear into thin air.

By now, I’m sure you’d be all sad for me and thinking how boring my life is, well not exactly I’m quite content, I don’t have too much drama in my life, miss my family, think about finances and school work, the occasional rubble with annoying neighbors , my life’s pretty basic .

Of course I get bored sometimes, who doesn’t. Sometimes, I think it’s because Accra is expensive and my going out ( or rather the lack of it ) is due to money, then I go to Lagos where I can get and usually have money but I’m still stuck in the house doing nothing .


So there lies the question, am I BORING, ANTISOCIAL OR WEIRD?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY: In Pursuit of Happiness

Feminism Isn't A Cult

POETRY: In Hiding