Back Again: An Ode To My Fatherland

It has been a long time, a lot of things has happened, a lot has been done. But I'm grateful i'm still here and able to still write. I never stopped writing just blogging, I have been offline since the beginning of the year and i'm back now, hopefully for good. Thanks for sticking with me.


Our fatherland of bleakness 
Of tears and pain
Land of endless inopportunities
Broken ladders of success
Rot of booming streams
Broken sense of hope 
Lost ambitions, dead dreams


Filled with could-haves and would-haves

Helper of the rich, stomper of the triers and dreamers
Darkness surrounding ambitions
Constant call for help


Shoving the honest

Embracing the pockets
The recycled, recycling and re-use of past
Lost in past glory


When shall new doors open

When shall light come and unhibited  laughter fill our mouths
O fatherland we long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POETRY: In Pursuit of Happiness

Feminism Isn't A Cult

POETRY: In Hiding